For aircraft engine models:
O-470, IO-470, LIO-470, FSO-470, TSIO-470, GIO-470, IO-520, GTSIO-520, LTSIO-520, IO-550
O-540, VO-540, TVO-540, IO-540, HIO-540, AEIO-540, IGO-540, IGSO-540, IVO-540, TIO-540, LTIO-540, TIVO-540, AEIO-360, VO-360, IVO-360, TIO-360, TO-360, TIO-360, LTIO-360, TIVO-540, and IO-720
SAFE-HEET Silicone Pad Aircraft Engine Heater
Preheat in cold weather for longer engine life.
Easy to Use
- Permanent installation, thin flexible pad bonds to engine oil sump
- FAA-PMA for Continental, Lycoming and Franklin engines
- No STC or Form 337 required (log book entry only)
- No engine or airframe modifications required
- Includes instructions and all necessary materials
- Can be used alone or with a timer, remote control or temperature controller
- 110V AC
Economical and Efficient
- Puts the heat where it is needed
- Heats the air inside the engine
- Uses about 300 Watts (approximately $0.03/hour)
- Warms the engine oil from subzero to safe starting temperature in less than one hour
- Entire engine will be warm in 2-3 hours
- Thermally conductive adhesive for efficient heat transfer and lower surface temperatures
- Bonded heatsink distributes heat evenly
- Reduces costly starter and engine abuse during cold weather starts
- UL recognized components. 100% thermal fused element
- External ground wire grounds the engine and airframe to the electrical outlet,
reducing the risk of electrical shock in damp outdoor locations
- Thermostatically controlled to maintain oil sump temp less than 160 degrees F
- No flame or hot air to burn cowling or plastic parts
- Reduces the risk of fires associated with cold starts
- Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter (GFCI) included to reduce the risk of electrical shock and power surge damage
|4 inch x 4 inch
|7.3 inch x 3.5 inch (diamond)
|7 inch x 4 inch
SAFE-HEET engine heaters are installed with a two-part adhesive. The engine heater can be installed quickly and easily by using the 707 temperature controller at half power. At temperatures below 70 degrees F the temperature controller must be used to ensure proper adhesive cure. Proper adhesive cure is essential to full service life of the heater.
Terms of Limited Warranty
All SAFE-HEET Engine Heaters are warranted for one year from date of sale to the original consumer against defects in workmanship and materials. The manufacturer's only obligation shall be to repair or replace at the manufacturer's option the product provided it is returned transportation prepaid to the factory within one year from date of sale to original consumer. Defects or failures due to incorrect installation, improper voltage, improper usage or handling, or any other condition beyond our control, as to any and all of which the manufacturer will be sole judge, are specifically excluded from this warranty. This warranty gives you specific legal rights. You may have implied warranty rights which vary from state to state. No other liability of any kind, arising from the use of the product, whether defective or not, is assumed.
Do not plug engine heater in before installation. Heater will be damaged.
Do not use without the 709 Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter.
Do not neglect your heater. Periodically inspect for proper grounding, security and cord condition.